- Nicola Sturgeon ‘humiliated’ by IFS report on SNP manifesto
- Russia won’t deny hackers Jeremy Corbyn’s NHS documents
- General election will go ‘down to the wire’, says Boris Johnson
- Subscribe to The Telegraph, free for 30 days
- Sign up to our exclusive 24-hour pop-up general election night WhatsApp group
Jo Swinson has suggested holding a second referendum in which 16-year-olds could vote, as she was forced to deny trying to “fiddle” Brexit to get the result she wants.
In an interview with Andrew Neil, the Liberal Democrat leader apologised four times for voting for cuts during the coalition government, as well as admitting she regrets austerity itself.
Mr Neil accused her of trying to…